Thursday, May 15, 2008

el taquero contra "los burocratas"

Yesterday was a shit day, nuff said so off we went for tacos, the only thing that can cure any bad day.

Off we went to East L.A. to enjoy our last legal tacos.

Photobucket

I had never been to this particular taco stand since I don't know anyone in East L.A. but I had received an email from saveourtacotrucks.org saying this was the place to be during the taco trucks final legal hours.

Photobucket

I'll give it to the guys who picked the spot. The tacos were both delicious and cheap. I bought me two tacos de buche and a coke for $1.75 and you just can't beat that deal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, we had to take Miyu to a taco truck. She said she has never been and it just seems like blasphemy to say such a thing when you live in Southern California. Of course we had to pop her taco cherry.

Photobucket

Some news outlets were there like telemundo and univision but I didn't care because there was no Jorge Ramos.

Photobucket

An L.A. without taco trucks, that's just crazy.

While we were there Cristian and I decided to do a soundslide. He interviewed and I took photos. More likely than not these are some of the photos I'll be using, when I'm done working on it, I'll so put it up.

4 comments:

Jaena Rae said...

No taco trucks? BLASPHEMY. That makes me want to cry.

And I'm jealous you guys had tacos.

Miyu said...

You sure did pop my taco cherry ;]

I miss those tacos.
I'll never look at taco bell the same way again.

Feigned Interest said...

Ey, que hente mas loco yo! It's gon' be an interesting couple of lunches...

Feigned Interest said...

C'mon Kathy, hurry up!! I want to see more and more!